Prostitution/Escort Sting Defense
Orlando Prostitution/Escort Sting Defense Attorneys
In the age of the Internet, there has been a proliferation of escort Web sites and directories. Some of the most common being Eros, CityVibe, Craig's List, The Erotic Review. Men of all backgrounds and professions frequent these sites and contact escorts for companionship. However, the services an escort can provide sometimes goes beyond mere paid companionship and law enforcement tries to step in to control any prostitution, assignation, solicitation and any other sexual acts conducted for money.
Sometimes, men will come to Central Florida on business, to attend a convention or on vacation and frequent these or other sites to contact an escort. They will arrange a time to meet and find themselves ensnared in a sting operation where the escort was not an escort at all, but an undercover police officer who could be employed by any number of police agencies here in Orlando or Central Florida. Law enforcement agencies such as the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation, Orange County Sheriff's Office, Orlando Police Department, Seminole County Sheriff's Office among others may conduct these stings in order to control the amount of prostitution that has arisen in the recent years as the popularity of the Internet keeps exploding.
If you are caught up in such a scenario you want to be able to make sure that none of your rights were violated and have a Florida defense attorney who is experienced with these types of crimes ask the following questions:
- Did the undercover police escort entrap you?
- Did the undercover police escort post suggestive photographs or conduct herself in such a way to make you do something you normally would not do?
- Did the police read you Miranda before they interrogated you?
- Did the police record any of the interaction with the undercover police officer and was that recording tampered with in any way?
- What kind of evidence did the police collect? And is that enough to convict you at a trial?
- Are there any programs where you can get the charges dropped?
- How can you best manage the situation with the least amount of damage to your professional reputation and career?
These questions among others are important ones and you want to make sure you have an experienced, knowledgeable attorney who can provide you with the answers and guidance you need during this tough time. If you have been arrested or charged with prostitution or got caught in an escort sting, please contact the experienced Orlando, Florida criminal defense lawyers at The Umansky Law Firm. Founder William Umansky has years of experience in this area and was a former prosecutor and advisor to law enforcement agencies on how to conduct these undercover operations. Let him put his experience to work for you!
On the Wrong Side of the Law?
Contact Us Day or Night (407) 228-3838
Call or contact the experienced prostitution/escort defense attorneys at The Umansky Law Firm today to schedule a free initial consultation. Our sex crime defense lawyers are available anytime, day or night.