Orlando Lewd and Lascivious Conduct Defense Attorneys
Section 800.04 of the Florida Statutes deals with a number of lewd and lascivious acts, with special considerations given regarding the ages of the accused and the accuser.
At The Umansky Law Firm, in Orlando, Florida, our defense lawyers represent clients throughout central Florida in lewd and lascivious conduct and other sex crimes. As former prosecutors, we have full knowledge of how the prosecution will build the case against you, and know how put together a defense that can help mitigate some of the detrimental consequences of a sex crime conviction. Get us on your side as soon as possible to begin fighting the charges.
Former Prosecutors Protecting the Rights of People Accused of Sex Crimes
Call: (407) 228-3838
Minimizing the Penalties of Lewd and Lascivious Conduct Charges
If you are convicted of lewd and lascivious conduct, the penalties you face will depend upon your age and other facts of the case. The following sections of the Florida Statutes provide details:
- 800.04(4) details lewd and lascivious battery as engaging in sexual union or penetration of the genitals of a person between 12 and 16, or encouraging such a person to engage in various "perversions." This is punishable as a second degree felony.
- 800.04(5) details lewd or lascivious molestation, criminalizes touching the breasts, genitals or buttocks of a child, or forces the child to so touch the defendant. A person 18 or over who commits such an act on a child under 12 commits a life felony. A person under 18 who commits such an act on a child less than 12, or an adult who commits such an act on a child from 12 -16 commits a second degree felony.
- 800.04(6) describes the offense of lewd and lascivious conduct, which entails touching a person under 16 in a lewd manner, or soliciting a child under 16 to commit a lewd act. A person over 18 who commits such an act is looking at a second degree felony. A person under 18 commits a third degree felony.
- 800.04(7) details the elements for lewd or lascivious exhibition. The elements of this crime are intentional masturbation, or intentionally exposing the genitals in a lewd manner, or any other sexual act or suggestion not involving contact to a person under 16. An adult committing such an act can be punished for a second degree felony, third degree if committed by a juvenile.
- 800.03 makes it a first degree misdemeanor to intentionally expose your genitals in public or to another in a vulgar manner.
Anyone can be accused of lewd and lascivious conduct, including teachers, family members, coaches and neighbors. Our defense attorneys understand the role that false accusations can play in these cases. We can analyze and identify if the accuser was motivated to make false allegations or even determine if the accuser was pressured into making the accusation. As your defense attorneys, we strive to get to the root cause of the allegations, break down the prosecution's case and protect your rights and future.
Contact Our Lewd Conduct Defense Attorneys Representing Clients in Orlando, Kissimmee and Central Florida
Our defense lawyers represent adults and minors in Orlando and the surrounding areas charged with sex crime offenses. If you or someone you care about has been charged with lewd and lascivious conduct, do not hesitate to talk to our defense attorneys. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (407) 228-3838. You can also contact us online.