When you are facing a charge for a sex related crime the legal and personal impact can be life altering. The stigma associated with it can be even more damaging, leading to loss of a job, estrangement from family and even divorce. Criminal penalties can include prison and a lifetime of sex offender registration.
Types of Florida Sex Crimes
Our sex crimes defense lawyers have years of experience in the criminal justice system handling cases across Central Florida. We have experience defending clients charged with:
- Sexual Battery and Assault (Rape)
- Internet Sex Crimes
- Solicitation or Prostitution
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd and Lascivious Behavior
- Sexual Misconduct
- Child Abuse
- Travelling to Meet a Minor
Defense Strategies for Sex Crimes Charges
Defending some one charged with a sex related crime is much more difficult than other criminal charges. Typically sex crimes have specialized police and attorneys. Sex crimes prosecutors generally have much more experience than a typical prosecutor.
As former prosecutors we are well-versed on how prosecutors prepare sex crime cases. There are several types of defense strategies that may be admissible including:
- False Charges: Sometimes people bring false charges of sexual assault to cover up consensual sex if it would be damaging to the person reputation.
- False Memory Syndrome: False memory syndrome can come into play when children make allegations that they have been victimized. The questions that an authority figure asks a child can cause the child to say and remember things that didn't really occur.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If photos, computer files, or other materials were confiscated from you, was the search and seizure properly handled by the police? If not, that evidence is not admissible.
- Entrapment: Were you entrapped to commit a crime you would not normally have committed?
- Computer Hacking: Did someone hack into your computer and download images that you would never have downloaded yourself?
Contact a Sex Crime Lawyer in Orlando
If you are facing a criminal charge for a sex crime, our defense attorneys will aggressively protect your rights. Contact us online or call us at 407-228-3838 day or night, to schedule a free consultation.
To Claim Your Free Case Review
- Police Report Review
- Strategic Planning Tool
- The Guide to Getting Through My Arrest and Charges