Orlando Sex Crimes and Sexual Abuse Defense Lawyers, Representing Clients That Have Been Accused of a Variety of Sex Offenses
Whether minor or major, sex crimes often carry large fines and long jail times. Call our experienced sex crime lawyers today at (407)228-3838 to arrange for a free case overview and learn your options.
Being convicted of a sex crime carries two kinds of serious penalties:
- Criminal penalties include jail or prison and a lifetime of sex offender registration
- The societal stigma associated with sex crimes can be even more damaging, leading to loss of a job, estrangement from family, and divorce.
In sex crimes cases, early intervention by an experienced criminal defense attorney can make a tremendous difference in a case, especially when accusations of child sexual abuse are involved.
If you have been contacted by the Department of Children and Families Services, or by the police, or you believe that you may be under investigation by the police, get immediate legal help and advice. Contact The Umansky Law Firm.
Former Prosecutors Protecting the Rights of People Accused of Crimes
Call: (407) 228-3838
Many of the sex crimes defense attorneys at The Umansky Law Firm have more than 15 years of experience in the criminal justice system handling sex crimes cases across Central Florida. We defend against any and all sex crimes charges, including:
- Sexual battery and sexual assault
- Child abuse and child sexual abuse
- Child molestations, child fondling, or sexual exploitation of a child
- Date rape
- Statutory rape / sex with a minor
- Internet sex crimes such as enticement, solicitation of a minor, or possession or distribution of child pornography
- Solicitation or prostitution, including use of an escort service or massage service
- Indecent exposure / lewd and lascivious behavior
- Capital sexual battery and lewd sexual battery
- Sexual Misconduct
From our offices in Orlando, we represent residents, college students, and tourists arrested for sex offenses while on vacation in Central Florida in Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County and surrounding areas, including the communities of Winter Garden, Maitland, Windermere, Ocoee, Oviedo, Kissimmee, Melbourne, Thornton Park, Hunter Creek, and downtown Orlando.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction
The penalties for conviction of a crime under Florida sex crime statutes vary widely. Penalties for a misdemeanor sex crime, such as indecent exposure, may be jail time of less than a year or probation, a fine, and community service. Penalties for a felony offense, such as aggravated sexual assault, can include a long prison term followed by a lifetime of sex offender registration.
If you hold a job that requires licensure or a security clearance, you may find that your job is impacted by a sex crime conviction.
Defense Strategies in Sex Crimes Cases
- For example, some people bring false charges of sexual assault to cover up consensual sex if it would be damaging to the person's family.
- False charges can also be brought to seek revenge against the accused person.
- False memory syndrome can come into play when children make allegations that they have been victimized. The questions parents, teachers, therapists or police ask a child can cause the child to say and remember things that didn't really occur.
- If photos, computer files, or other materials were confiscated from you, was the search and seizure properly handled by the police? If not, that evidence is not admissible.
Our criminal defense lawyers will examine the evidence and facts of your case, including issues of consent, circumstances, and psychological issues affecting the victim. In preparing our defense strategy, we may also examine the psychological issues affecting you or your loved one charged with a crime.
Our goal is to minimize the negative consequences of a sex crime charge or conviction and to get the best possible outcome, given the facts of your case.
On the Wrong Side of the Law?
Contact Us Day or Night (407) 228-3838
If you are facing a criminal charge for a sex crime, our experienced defense attorneys will aggressively protect your rights. Contact us anytime, day or night, to schedule a free consultation. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.