Orlando Construction Injury Lawyer
Florida Construction Site Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured due to dangerous conditions at a construction site, you may assume that the owner of the site will compensate you for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, without an attorney to assert your rights, you may not end up with anything.
At The Umansky Law Firm, our lawyers represent people who are injured at construction sites in Orlando and other communities in central Florida. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions.
Responsibilities of Construction Site Owners
Property owners in Florida have a duty to protect people from injuries caused by dangerous conditions on their site. Construction workers as well as people who are just passing by may be entitled to compensation if they are injured by dangerous conditions the owner knew about or should have known about.
Examples of dangerous conditions on a construction site include:
- Falling debris
- Lack of fences, netting or other protective barriers around a construction site
- Holes or cracks in pavement, a sidewalk or the grounds
- Unsecured scaffolding or ladders
- Gaps between areas or uneven areas where one type of surface joins with another
- Debris left on the ground such as nails, tools or chunks of concrete
- Accidents caused by cranes, front-end loaders, backhoes, forklifts, excavators, road rollers and trucks
Even though the property owner may seem clearly at fault for your injury, it's important to collect and preserve evidence of the dangerous conditions that existed at the time of your accident. Property owners may try to correct the dangerous condition, removing some or all the evidence you need to prove your case.
Were You Injured in a Construction Accident? Contact Us Day or Night.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an Orlando construction injury attorney at The Umansky Law Firm, contact us through this website or call (407) 228-3838.