Have you been arrested for drunk driving? Is this your first driving under the influence (DUI) offense? If so, you may be eligible for a pretrial diversion program in Orange County. This type of program is an alternative to jail and other serious penalties, much like probation is an alternative punishment for a criminal conviction.
The good news is that your successful completion of the program results in dismissal of the DUI charges and expungement of the case. At The Umansky Law Firm, we provide dedicated DUI defense services to people throughout central Florida. Our attorneys will review the facts of your case to determine whether you are eligible for a DUI diversion program as well as expungement of the case.
Pretrial Diversion Program Benefits
At The Umansky Law Firm, our goal is to help hardworking people get a second chance. Our Orange County lawyers guide clients through the DUI diversion program, providing comprehensive representation from negotiating their acceptance into the program to ensuring our clients comply with all terms of the program. If you successfully complete the program, you are guaranteed a dismissal of the DUI. The program has many requirements, including:
- Community service, approximately a minimum of 50 hours
- DUI level 1 school
- Treatment and/or counseling if required by the program
- Victim impact class
- Random urine screening
- 10-day vehicle impoundment/immobilization
- Six-month ignition interlock device
Our attorneys will explore all options available for your DUI defense and determine if participation in a pretrial diversion program is the most advisable course of action for your case.
If you are looking for the best DUI lawyer, ask us what factors can help determine which lawyer is best for you. We look forward to meeting you and discussing your case and how to determine which lawyer is best for your case and how you can decide. No one can promise to be the best lawyer, but you should know what factors help determine which lawyer or law firm is right for your case.
Pretrial Diversion Program Requirements
To be eligible for a pretrial diversion program, you must be:
- Facing misdemeanor or DUI charges
- Individuals facing felony charges are not eligible
- Have no more than one prior misdemeanor sentence for a different offense
- Have no previous dismissals, convictions or sentences for a similar offense
- Have no previous felony sentences
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Have approval of the Office of the State Attorney
- No previous alcohol/drug-related driving arrests, dismissed charges or convictions
- This applies to individuals attempting to obtain approval for a DUI-related pretrial diversion program.
Veterans Diversion Program
The Veterans Diversion program offers second chances to veterans of foreign wars who have been charged with crimes. The program recognizes that vets sometimes have a difficult time adjusting to life after serving their country.
Are You Eligible For DUI Diversion?
While the requirements can seem strict and time-consuming, a DUI diversion program can be a viable option for many who desire a second chance. Don't wait any longer, call our DUI defense lawyers at 407-228-3838 or contact us online. We represent clients in Orlando, Kissimmee and throughout central Florida.
To Claim Your Free Case Review
- Police Report Review
- Strategic Planning Tool
- The Guide to Getting Through My Arrest and Charges