Orlando Attorney

Resisting Arrest Defense Guide | Get your FREE copy today | click here

Were you charged with resisting arrest? Do you feel that the cops should not have arrested you? We can help. Our experienced criminal attorneys at The Umansky Law Firm see these cases every day.

Did You Resist Arrest Nonviolently?

There are two resisting arrest charges: resisting arrest without violence and resisting arrest with violence. Charges of resisting arrest without violence may have been filed against you because you ran away from the police or attempted to hide.

Penalties For Resisting Arrest Without Violence

Even if you were not violent when resisting arrest, the state of Florida takes this type of offense very seriously. If you are convicted of resisting an officer without violence, which is a first degree misdemeanor, you are facing up to a year in jail and $1,000 in fines.

In DUI and traffic violations, there is a similar offense, called fleeing and eluding. Our criminal defense lawyers can also defend against this charge.

Repeat Resisting Without Violence Charges

There are some cases where someone has been arrested for resisting without violence more than one time. If it's a repeat offense, it's possible that the individual could be looking at jail time. Usually, when there are cases where someone has gotten arrested repeatedly for resisting arrest, this may be an indication that there is a problem with authority. For instance, if it's your first brush with the law and you get arrested for resisting arrest without violence, many times it's really the police officer's issue, not the individual's issue. Very simply, maybe the cop is having a bad day.

If someone has been charged with a first-time offense for resisting arrest without violence, in most counties, he or she is usually looking at a diversion or intervention program. If you've never been arrested before and charged of any crime, in most cases, if the police or cop agrees to it, you'll probably be eligible for the first-offender program. The first-offender program will get the charge dropped.

Contact a The Umansky Law Firm for a Resisting Arrest Charge

To schedule a free case review with our criminal defense lawyers you can contact us online or call us at 407-228-3838. We are available anytime, day or night.

Recent Criminal
Case Results

Attempted Burglary of a Conveyance

Charges dropped

Possession of Cannabis (less than 20 grams)

Charges dropped


Reduced to reckless driving

Possession of Alcohol Under the Age of 21

Charges dropped

Driving Under the Influence

Reduced to Reckless Driving

Violation of Probation

Case Dismissed

More Cases

Recent Personal
Injury Settlements


Scooter Accident


Car Accident


Car Accident


Government Liability Case


Back Injury

More Settlements

Click Here
To Claim Your Free Case Review

  1. Police Report Review
  2. Strategic Planning Tool
  3. The Guide to Getting Through My Arrest and Charges